Re: [MiNT] XaAES: Menus in windows vs. menu_tnormal()

On 08/09/2010 12:00 AM, Peter Persson wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to reply to this :) Upcoming electronics exam steals 101% of my brain atm.
>
> I couldn't find a good solution for this, no. A temporary workaround could be to use form_dial() to force a redraw of the menu area, but I haven't been able to do that (either menu_calc() doesn't work the way I want for menu bars, or menu_calc() is broken when using WO0_WCOWORK). So if you have an example which works, I would naturally like to have a peek!

form_dial works, I used this before Helmut fixed some bugs in the menu
code last year.

My Milan is as usual not networked ATM, so I can't send you the actual
source files. I can just retype the relevant code here ;-) I did find
something interesting though, which is why I've cc'ed this to the list:
When I look at the code I see that I'm *not* using menu_tnormal in
window menus, but the following code:

obj_deselect(o + e->msg[3]);
obj_deselect(o + e->msg[4]);
wind_set(w->handle, WF_TOOLBAR, NULL, 0, 0);

wind_set is the recommended way to redraw the menu widget according to
some docs I found (written by Henk I think). I've also made a comment in
the code that menu_tnormal doesn't do anything so I manually deselect
the items instead. I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design. Helmut? Henk?

Anyway, the code above works.

Jo Even