Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

On 08/10/2010 10:03 AM, Miro Kropacek wrote:

> I know what you think, BUT -- my goal will be to make it intelligent,
> i.e. CPU independent. So, you want 060 build? Ok, no problem, just add
> CFLAGS += '-m68060'. ColdFire? CFLAGS += '-m5475'. The rest will be
> handled by runtime detection and if really necessary, by #ifdef's for
> current CPU flags when compiling. This applies for whole system, i.e.
> XDDs, XFSs etc -- exactly as you planned.

Nice idea, but how will this affect kernel size? And code complexity?
Personally I prefer to leave out as much code as possible. I'd rather
have an optimized kernel for my Milan and (soon) ACP than a
one-size-fits-all kernel with stuff that is never used.

Jo Even