Re: [MiNT] Daily builds Trunk 0908

Lars Schmidbauer wrote:

> Hello,
> i disabled everything in AUTO folder and every program and desktop started from xaaes.cnf; the error still
> occures reproducable but the errormessage has slightly changed (only Address is the same as before):
>
> attempt to restart XaSYS pid 102 (XaSYS) Bus Error: User PC 10699D0, Address 711C0504 (basepage: 1034254 text: 1034354 data: 10
>
> There's more: In XaAES menu/Launch.../Fileselector, the masks menu option is not displayed (but selectable)
> and if i open any of the 3 pulldown menus the system freezes with exactly the same error(s).
> But when the fileselector is called from TeraDesk or any other program, everything works correct.

I guess you use similar HW as this:

falcon 030, ct60(66mhz), 14mb st ram, 256mb tt ram,ctpci

This is from Pawel Goralski who also gets mysterious issues. There may
be lots of reasons for this, but I never heard similar by anyone with
other hardware.

I'm not sure if this can be fixed in xaaes at all, and if so it would
need a lot time as I cannot reproduce any of the errors.

You may also try without desktop but I doubt it will tell us much.

> If you need more infos please tell me,

Tell me how to reproduce this on aranym and I'll fix it.

-Helmut