Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

Peter Persson wrote:

> 4 aug 2010 kl. 19.10 skrev Helmut Karlowski:
> > There is one parameter set to 0 - next to the pid, maybe one could this?
> >
> > But this is possibly quite sensible and has to be done carefully.
>
> Which one?
>
> msg[0] = message type
> msg[1] = ap_id
> msg[2] = message length (-16 if longer than 16 bytes).

I can't find where this is filled. From how I understand the source it should be
0, but I'm quite sure that I'm wrong.

> msg[3] = parent menu
> msg[4] = menu item
> msg[5] = menu tree (high word)
> msg[6] = menu tree (low word)
> msg[7] = parent object index

Don't give [3] or [7] any information?

It would not be very easy to make the message longer - it's a generic
funtion for all messages, better would be to misuse another parameter -
trying to avoid the risk that some other app may get confused.

-Helmut