Re: [MiNT] xaaes.txt

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On 08/09/2010 11:21 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>
> > True. You cannot give the user 3MB of binaries with 200 files and no
> > docs. She will not even find the link to the wiki or whatever as long as
> > this is not on the very same website that the binary was downloaded from.
>
> That is a good point. If the wiki should be used, it's location must be
> documented in the tarball. Or even in the XaAES About dialog.

It will be possible to display the whole document in the about.

> > Unless there is a foolproof installer that does everything.
>
> There is no such thing. An installer can only assist.

I did it with windows.

> > Imagine there may also be people without internet at all.
>
> And where do they get FreeMiNT from? On floppies from the local PD
> library? ;-)

Maybe from a friend - on CD ..

> But again, the problem is that there is currently no easy way to access
> the wiki on a computer running FreeMiNT. So the wiki can not be the only
> place to find FreeMiNT docs. Plain text or plain HTML versions of the
> user guide must exist and preferably be included in the tarball/zip.

I also don't like the idea of having unsure docs claiming to be the official
ones. I'd import the good stuff from the wiki into the static docs as
long as this is not too much effort.

-Helmut