Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

4 aug 2010 kl. 19.56 skrev Helmut Karlowski:

> Maybe this says something to you:
>
>      titles = k->m.titles;
>      about = k->m.about;
>      ks = k->p.parent;
>      kc = k->m.current;
>
> ks is msg[7], kc msg[3]. I don't know what's what ...

I have to test it to be sure.

>>> It would not be very easy to make the message longer - it's a generic
>>> funtion for all messages, better would be to misuse another parameter =
>> -
>>> trying to avoid the risk that some other app may get confused.
>>
>> Some other app shouldn't get confused, because that app shouldn't have =
>> received the message in the first place?
>
> No, but this would be done for every submenu in any app that has one.

Ok, then it affects legacy applications too. Better be careful, then.

> I really do not think that it's a valuable information for a client to
> know who sent an MN_SELECTED (who else could/would do this other than
> the AES?)

Probably not :)

Another solution would be to only allow menu bar access on topped windows. The API problem goes away, and does it really matter for the user?

-- PeP