Re: [MiNT] XaAES Gradients

> From how I understand it, the c-files contain just plain data. So it
> would be better to load this data at runtime, not change source and
> build a different binary for optical config-stuff.
>
> -Helmut

Which was my next step in the process, the one I was working towards,
the one I have not done yet

The build process still requires a default data set, even if one could
be loaded at runtime (via config)

if the build can change the default set at compile time, then it can
also be scripted OUT of the build process

I know there are a few people who would like some more memory back
(because the texteure code and structures were dropped).

In past descussions this has bee one of Jo Even's issues with the
extended textures, so I know he would use a "no frills" build

The point of view I take into account, is that FireBee is will be
ready soon, so having (atm) at least some gradient examples will allow
others to have a look into something specific for that release, and
here I can see the addition of another gradient algorithm, for example
one that can produce a flame effect.

So again there is already a place to start "playing" (because CVS
would have something you can compare).

I believe that the main reason for no there have been no requests for
anything else theme related in the past is simply because, as Peter P
said, the "impression is that XaAES has fairly sophisticated theme
handling internally"

Previously no one has known how easily gradients can be changed, or
what they can be changed too (what gradient render algorithms are
available), and what parts can be changed (notice there are no
textures in the menu bar, but there are gradients)

Paul