Re: [MiNT] No keyboard with GEMROM

Peter Slegg wrote:
I know nothing about this stuff but I remember that one of the
long-term aims of Mint is to get rid of the dependencies on TOS.

Am I wrong or one of the main goals of MiNT should be to not break clean things that work on TOS ?

No. MiNT is Not TOS. Things which are clean for TOS are not necessarily clean under MiNT. The ROM GEM isn't MiNT clean, thus it should be (IMHO) abandoned once for good.

I hope a working keyboard in GEM applications is not too much...

Keyboard works in GEM applications. It just does not work with ROM AES.

Btw. I recalled why MIDI is ignored - it was planned to do a separate XDD to handle this.

Pozdrawiam
KMK