Re: [MiNT] AW: release ?

On Friday 19 November 2010 04:40 am, David Sandberg wrote:
> A warm reboot does not clear all the memory, doesn't clear the BIOS and
> doesn't clear the TTR's I think - doesn't clear the clock and buffered
> battery, only reset the TOS. And a cold boot SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-DEL clears
> every thing... Like switch off, and after seconds switch on again.
>
> Reset = reboot = warm boot = CTRL-ALT-DEL = reset button
>
> Shut down = cold boot = SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-DEL = switch off button
>

> This was the standard on every TOS-machine like ATARI ST 520, 1040, Falcon,
> Hades etc., if I remember right, Milan I don't know. However it was a
> significant different status on the ATARI ST.
>
> Greets
>
> David

Just as an "aside', doesn't really matter, but I didn't think that the
keyboard reset (cold boot, SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-DEL, etc) was introduced until TOS
v1.04, specifically on the STacy, then offered as an upgrade for other
machines...

Could be faulty memory here though. :)

--
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org