Re: [MiNT] Reboot, restart & Co. (was : Release ?)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:28:25 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 19:36 +0200, Jean-Luc CECCOLI wrote:
>
> > Sorry for coming back to this topic... but I'm quite sure Taskbar 4.00b
> > under 1.15.12 could let me reboot, restart or stop the computer.
> > That stopped working after upgrading to 4.10 and messing with 1.16, so I
> > can't say for sure what caused what, but if you browse the threads about
> > a few weeks after Taskbar 4.10 was released, you might find a complain
> > from me about problems I thought related to Taskbar (unless I posted on
> > c.s.a, I'm not totally sure now).
>
> This is for sure not related to Taskbar. All Taskbar does when you

Yes, that's why I wrote "I thought related to Taskbar".

> select Shutdown is to VA_START the program pointed to by the SDMASTER
> environment variable. If there is a problem, it's related to the
> shutdown-program you're using. Have you tried a different program?

I've always used the one provided with SpareMiNT.
I once tried using the one in MagiC!, but I let you guess what happened...
The only thing I mean is that I'm sure I could reset/restart/halt the
computer, and it's not possible anymore.
And I don't know where to search for.

Regards,

J.-Luc