Re: [MiNT] Generic tool

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:36:16 , "m0n0" <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Do, 2.12.2010, 21:26 schrieb m0n0:
>
> >> I have a created a crude demo, it doesn't actually do anything
> >> yet. It just loads an xml file and creates a dialogue with
> >> some aes objects on it.
> >
> >and it should be able to configure the
> > config files within /etc ;)
>
> If you add some generic header to the xml file, you could specify how to
> start the process (VA_START / PExec, ...). And you could put there
> information if the "xml plugin" launches an commandline tool or if it
> configures an config file within /etc ...

The long term plan is to allow the xml to control config settings.

> Are you going to read all the xml files from one specific directory? That
> way you could present the user with an select dialog where he selects
> which "plugin" he wants to run :) I'm thinking about an 3 column layout:
>
> first column: the list of xml files
> second column: the list of sections for the current selected xml file
> third column: the options dialog for the current selected section

Not decided yet. I thought the GenTool could be started by double-clicking
on a file with the correct extension (.gtl or something) or open a file
from the File menu.

Early days at the moment but I hope you can see the ideas.

Regards,

Peter