Re: [MiNT] STAT bits - Ouch!

> But please do not understand me wrong: it is your OS and you  will do it with
>it whatever you want. In my humble opinion,

True. everyone has their own opinion.

If it is faster & save CPU cycles & time - great.
If it only improves compatibility with other ports - great too.

One thing for sure - faster is not always better:
I used to be able to walk to the pantry to get coffee, and my boss will say "
compiling ?  I need to get you a faster computer" & I will just smile  back.
Now, with those iCore 7 things, I cannot even get quarter way to the pantry
before it finishes compiling... no more smiles from me.

Speed is not everything.... enjoy doing something rates higher.