Re: [MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

on 12/15/10 8:49 AM, Peter Slegg wrote:

> The problem with the current system is if the correct folder is not
> there the it won't boot. There is no Mint fallback.

Not true. In fact that is my fallback.

Example lets say my \mint\1-16-cur gets hosed somehow.
I rename \mint\1-16-cur to \mint\1-16-cuX  <- note the X
Now the kernel won't find it.  I then reboot select a kernel that I know has
no corresponding 1-xx-x folder and thus mint loads everything from just
\mint as it did in the old days. That is the fallback.  If you removed all
the files in \mint, then yes its not going to boot correctly.

In my case this causes me to boot NAES.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/