Re: [MiNT] Sparemint packages

Am Di, 4.01.2011, 09:14 schrieb Martin Tarenskeen:

> I tried to update my sparemint system with some new packages fromthe
> sparemint site , but some - but not all - of the new packages I cannot
> install: I'm getting an error message like
>
> " <packagename> is for a different architecture ..."
>
> The packages I had problems with are: rpm, tar, sed, openssh
>

> What is going wrong ?

This is an known problem with packages from Keith ;)
Anyway - there is an flag that you can pass to rpm to ignore the
architecture. That should do the job. Anyway, the rpms should be changed.
Run rpm --help to look up the correct flag.

I believe the problem arises because they where build with an
cross-compiler and an rpm running on Linux - not MiNT. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

--
Greets,