Re: [MiNT] Mintlib based Software running under plain TOS

> Did you use different TOS version?  Or have different things in the auto
> folder & different amount of memory available?

On hatari I used nothing but pure TOS, on the falcon I mostly have NVDI
turned on.

>> NetSurf doesn't run at all with memory protection. This might give you a
>> clue as to where the problem resides. On the other hand, it might not. I
>> urge you to develop with MP anyway. It helps a great deal in catching
>> memory violations.

Oh, I would like to do that but I have never got my falcon + MiNT to work
with MP and I never tried Aranym because it looks like a bunch of things
to configure...

> And besides the MMU issue, MiNT is also easier to use under Aranym which
> has
> the NATFeats stuff so that one can mount dirs from the host (MiNT under
> Hatari needs disk images for everything), so for that I guess Aranym +
> good
> native Atari debugger would be the best.

I got it running with PureC... ( the read error was under Hatari & GDOS
Drive..., but it works OK with Falcon)

Anyway, I believe I found a 2 wounded codes parts,... I did not check
string length for the status bar text, in the worst case it could be 256
chars long. A few weeks ago I read that max strlen for v_gtext is only 80
chars. Before I used v_ftext, but that does not display anything with
classic TOS. (Have to read about the differences...). The other part is
drawing of the spinner, I disabled it for now, I have to check this
further. This is one of the GUI Resource objects which requires a bit more
code, so maybe there is some more stack involvement... And also it is
drawn during an WM_REDRAW message, and I guess it makes use of more
functions that VDI calls... and I don`t know if it is okay to call AES
functions during WM_REDRAW...

For now it runs and shows a renderer window - seems like I could locate
the bugs ( a bit) - Of course I`m not so satisfied with this, and I don`t
really trust the current situation... ( Because it still crashes with
EmuTOS ;) )

Greets,
mono