Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/xaaes/src.km

Hi,

On lauantai 08 tammikuu 2011, Peter Slegg wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:13:08 , Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> > > I have had this situation at work. IIRC
> > >
> > > Rename your local copy.
> > > Check out the file again
> >
> > + Diff to make sure you're not overwriting changes from the repo.
> >
> > > Delete it
> > > Rename your local version to the original name.
> > >
> > > I think that works.
> >
> > (It's really annoying if people overwrite repo modifications with their
> > older versions without checking things properly first and these get
> > noticed only much later, after long debugging sessions...)
>
> I think he said there were no changes other than his own.

I've had several times needed to fix other's commits in other projects
because they assume & do stuff like this.

"Check out the file again" means that there *can* be changes done
& commited to the repository in the meanwhile.  Always diffing & reviewing
the changes before commit is good practice, then you don't forget it.

	- Eero