Re: [MiNT] Coldfire Build

Mark Duckworth wrote:
-mcfv4e (why is this still used in the makefiles?)

That option is currently deprecated and is equivalent to -mcpu=547x.
It was used by Olivier Landemarre long ago for his work with earlier GCC versions. Since that era, no one worked on further ColdFire support in FreeMiNT. But this will come.

Last year, I compiled the CVS FreeMiNT kernel for ColdFire, and it worked on FireTOS as well as the ancient version (if I remember well). For information, that kernel is hybrid. The C files are compiled to ColdFire code, but the 68000 assembler sources have not been patched, so they require some 68000 emulation on ColdFire. Such kernel can't run on a pure EmuTOS for ColdFire. When FreeMiNT is fully patched for ColdFire, it will not require any 68000 emulation anymore. And it will kick your ass :-)

--
Vincent Rivière