Re: [MiNT] Mintlib based Software running under plain TOS

Le 09/01/2011 12:28, m0n0 wrote:
But at which point does compatibility break? Is there some rule(s)?

Usually, it works fine until you try to use some advanced OS feature such as long filenames, extended file attributes, multitasking...

I often test software on plain TOS and almost every time it works well.

I wanted to see if NetSurf can be run under plain TOS / MagiC etc. but it
results in an illegal instruction.

This should never happen.
The most common cause would be that some system call returns and error (this happens) and you doesn't handle it correctly.

> Haven't figured out at which point, but
it looks like it happens really early... (I bet 15$ that it hits the illegal
instruction before entering main ;) ).

I will setup a PayPal account if you can guarantee that your program is correctly linked using the newest tools and libraries.

--
Vincent Rivière