Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 23:23 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>
>> > Or XA_LANG. Unless it's the "unix-$LANG" it will only be evaluated by
>> > XaAES anyway.
>>
>> Why do mind $LANG? Apart of the fact that it is deprecated, I don't see a
>> problem here.
>
> No problem, as long as it doesn't conflict with the existing $LANG.
>
> Jo Even

so where Helmuts original post outlined = nn
it would conform if it were = nn_NN

this would benefit Brazilian = pt_BR

this would also allow XaAES to read the variable first (from the
environment), which will be set in some OS configurations before XaAES
is executed.

Overiding or manual setting in .cnf also is useful and compatible with
the above, especially is it is already an accepted way of language
declaration

more conformity with existing standards make for easier use and
manipulation later on, or with already existing programs, without the
need for (more) double standards

$LANG = en_UK
$LANG = en_US
likewise for french, german, chinese, and others

Is the a standard way to check the ROM/TOS language, to allow for
default language choice?

Paul
(back from the dead)