[MiNT] Fxattr giving wrong date values (was Re: zDesk desktop sources available)

2011/1/9 Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be>:
> On Sunday 09 Jan 2011 10:16:30 Vincent Rivière wrote:
>> David Gálvez wrote:
>> > I'm going to look at the Fxattr this week and see if I can find
>> > something.
>>
>> Be sure to make your tests on an ext2 partition.
>> ARAnyM's hostfs has further oddities regarding to block sizes, etc.
>
> I tested zDesk on an ext2 partition on my Falcon and the creation and
> modification dates are indeed inverted, as with Jinnee.

What about FAT partitions, are the values correct? I use Thing and
doesn't show this info, I must check with Jinnee later.

As pointed by Andreas when this discussion took place, Unix file
systems like ext2 don't keep creation date only the last inode
modification date.
The Fxattr manual says that when the file system doesn't support the
creation date the last modification date will be given, we should
figure out why Fxattr is giving those wrong dates and from where they
are taken.