Re: [MiNT] XaAES, some very simple dual-screen support?

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 14:49 +0100, Peter Persson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We've implemented dual-screen into the SuperVidel graphics card for
> the CT60. Demo video is here:
> http://files.dhs.nu/mpeg/Good_2_B_Evil_%28Sommarhack_2011_invitro%
> 29.mp3
>

> As you can see in the demo, centered AES objects end up in the middle,
> right where you really don't want them to end up :)
> I believe an easy solution for this could be to add a parameter to
> xaaes.cnf which changes how centering of objects is calculated (i.e.
> X-coordinate is divided by too, allowing the object to be centered on
> the leftmost screen).
>

> I could probably implement some patch for this myself, but then again
> others knows the source code much better than me and could maybe give
> me a hint or too about it.
>

> Comments?

Realistically we should add extensions to describe the size of each
display head. Then XaAES can query that and position it accordingly
based on what it sees as a primary screen, instead of hacking by 2.

You could think that having one screen at 1920x1200 and another at
1024x768, that dividing by 2 won't work.

Alan.