Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 22:49 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Possible, but then I can't start XaAES because xaloader is a 68k program
> > and with EmuTOS it's not possible to run 68k binaries ;)
>
> If that would be all, you might compile xaloader for coldfire (CPU=v4e).
>
> But there is also inline-asm and .s in XaAES, so it again might not work

EmuTOS doesn't recognize the partitions I'm booting MiNT from (probably
because they're DOS formatted and partitioned), so I was not able to
test this. But you're right - it wouldn't have worked anyway because of
the assembler in XaAES. That could be the reason why it locks up now as
well.

> > It displays everything, the complete desktop. Then it freeze.
>
> Any click or mouse? Maybe it's in the event-loop or the keyboard-handler,
> or maybe it's just a crash.

The Firebee has a LED that blinks every 128 timer C (isn't the 200Hz on
timer C?) interrupt. So I can see that this interrupt is stopped when
XaAES crashes. The mouse and keyboard is dead.

> Is it possible to boot into a CLI (INIT=/bin/sh)? If yes: does keyboard
> work?

I can boot into MiS, but the keyboard is dead. Mouse and keyboard is
fine when I start the ROM AES.

Jo Even