Re: [MiNT] New RPMS (curl, libjpeg, hermes, libiconv, libfreetype2)

I was trying to resolve a good way to do this with our version of RPM, and I just can not figure out an 'easy' way to implement this.

Since it has been a few months since I played around with it, I could not go directly into details. What I do recall is that it was not easy to build the RPMs targetted for the other arch's based on the limitations of the older RPM, and trying to upgrade is far from an easy task because of the usage of mmap all over the place in both 'official' tries of RPM, besides the fact that the source code itself is a 'rats nest' in organization.

As long as we are using static libraries, I think the -devel RPMs should be multilib'd, which will assist in quicker software development for the FireBee once complete, because there will already be a base for it.

As for the binaries, it would be *NICE* if the binary RPM packages could all be built within that single build, but I just have not figured out how to do it. Like, building OpenSSL, I'll have already built the actually openssl binary itself, but I'm only cherry picking the libs. If I could pick the rest that would be great.

Ideas accepted. :) I'm not quite sure how Alan/Gentoo handle the multi-arch nature, but I am sure that it is done and not nearly as complicated.

Keith