Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT / Coldfire

m0n0 wrote:
I just saw the screenshot for FreeMiNT / Coldfire

http://acp.atari.org/

Yes, that's quite amazing.

Didier Méquignon and Olivier Landemarre patched FreeMiNT for FireTOS years ago, they have committed their changes, and it still works with the CVS FreeMiNT! It would probably have worked long ago on the FireBee, but no one tried until recently.

The FreeMiNT kernel running on FireTOS still has mixed 680x0/ColdFire instructions, but it works fine on FireTOS thanks to his 680x0 emulation. I'm currently supplying patches here to make FreeMiNT 100% ColdFire, so no emulated instruction will remain, it will work at optimal speed. It will even work on EmuTOS without emulation at all.

Note that the FreeMiNT version running on the FireBee is built from the official CVS sources. So, MiNT developers, continue improving your OS, commit your changes, they will instantly be available on the FireBee :)

--
Vincent Rivière