Re: [MiNT] Eiffel wheel mouse

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Maybe I'll look at it - I guess best is to make it configurable via xaaes.cnf.

Certainly the best option.

The Eiffel documentation is on Didier's website:
http://didierm.pagesperso-orange.fr/eiffel-e.htm

We can see that in old mode (the default), the wheels produce identical scancodes to the F16, F17, F19 and F20 function keys. I'm not sure how to produce such scancodes on a real Atari keyboard (maybe Shift+F6 ? Emulated by the BIOS IKBD handler ?). If such scancodes can never be produced by keybords (to be proven), the Eiffel support can be enabled unconditionally. That would be simpler.

The keyclick comes from sys/keyboard.c doesn't it?

No idea. Probably yes. In EmuTOS it comes from the low level IKBD handlers, it is probably the same with FreeMiNT when using AKP keyboard support.

--
Vincent Rivière