[MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

Hello,

i have a strange problem with my new NetUSBee and MiNT (1.17.0 and 1.18.CUR).
This is not so easy to explain, hope it doesn't get too long ;-)

Every kind of networking with small files works normal (Highwire, MyMail, AtarICQ,
GEMDict, zWeather, nfs+ftp+telnet to ubuntu-PC).
But bigger downloads (with Highwire, Litchi, wget or ftp on console) are stopping after
a while; FalcAmp runs into buffer underrun problems soon.
The connection is not really broken, but download stops (and stops at a different point
when trying again).
For example:
- Highwire, doing a google picture search is running correct and fast (many small picture-
  files); downloading small files from freemint CVS works ok, too. But when Highwire tries to
  load the big pictures from http://ctpci.atari.org/, transmission stops and only the smaller
  ones are displayed.
- wget on console, downloading daily freemint build stops at various points. I can't see that
  there's a definite "magic barrier" where it stops.
- ftp on console, kurobox.serveftp.net, download of /video-films/zmerge2.zip stops (same as wget).
- MyMail stops randomly at downloading mail x of xxx.

I can't even define how big "smaller" or "bigger" files are.
This happens only with MiNT! Everything (Highwire, GAPftp, FalcAmp...) works correct with TOS
and StinG with enec6.stx. Because of that, NetUSBee should be OK.
There are similar problems with my NE2000 ISA network card (EtherNEC), but this card is very
old and second-hand, i always thought that this is another issue.

Tested on two Falcons:
- Falcon/CT60@80MHz/CTPCI, clockpatch on U63
- Falcon/CT63@66MHz, no clockpatch, SDMA patch 50 Ohm/27 pF
with drivers
- enec6.xif (CT60 archive or www.newtosworld.de)
- ne2kenec.xif (http://assemsoft.atari.org/ne2k/)
- inet4.xdd (freemint build or http://assemsoft.atari.org/ne2k/)

The ne2kenec.xif seems to work a little bit better than enec6.xif.
Sure i checked all the valid files for setting up networking:
config.if, defaultroute, resolv.conf, hostname, /stik_cfg/default.cfg, /highwire/modules/...
Ping, traceroute, netstat work correct; ifconfig shows no serious problems (sometimes
a few in-errors <10).
--------
ifconfig ne0:
ne0:    flags=0x43<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING>
        inet 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
        metric 0 mtu 1500
Router and network-cable are OK, too.

MiNT USB driver for NetUSBee:
- NetUSBee is detected correct
- 4GB USB stick (SanDisk cruzer micro) is mounted correct
- browsing the filesystem/folderstructure with TeraDesk works perfect
- copy small files to/from stick works perfect
But again, copy bigger files like 5MB pictures (or open with Aniplayer or zView)
hangs and shows error "block_IO (K):bio_readin: RWABS fail (-2))".

Any ideas what's going wrong here?
Can anybody confirm this behaviour?
Or much better: Can anybody find and fix this? ;-)
If you need any additional information please tell me.

Regards,
Lars