Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT for ColdFire: half-time

Hello.

Thanks for all the commits.

We have now reached a significant milestone on the FreeMiNT for ColdFire road.

I have patched all the assembler instructions for ColdFire in the kernel, XaAES and the major modules. This represents changing the assembler instructions at 337 places. Some changes were easy, some other were trickier.

As a result, the current mintv4e.prg is fully optimized for FireTOS and its 68060 emulation. It does not use any emulated user instruction anymore.

My next task will be to add a CPU emulation detection at the beginning of mintv4e.prg. If a 680x0 emulated CPU is detected (such as FireTOS), things will continue as they are now. If a pure ColdFire CPU is detected (such as EmuTOS for ColdFire), ColdFire supervisor instructions will be used (mainly trap/rte handling and cache management).

Then I expect to be able to run FreeMiNT over EmuTOS for ColdFire in a few weeks.

--
Vincent Rivière