Re: [MiNT] PUSH_SP

Henk Robbers wrote:
Op 8/29/11 12:52 AM, Vincent Rivière schreef:
Helmut Karlowski wrote:
I have a small problem with this macro.

It is defined in mint/arch/asm_misc.h:

#define PUSH_SP(regs,size) \
"movml " regs ",sp@-\n\t"

For memory, this macro produces a movem instruction which is compatible
with both 680x0 and ColdFire.

Are you sure?

I am not a MIT syntax expert, but it looks to me like

movem.l regs,-(sp)

which is illegal on Coldfire.

The quote above is only the 680x0 implementation, the ColdFire one uses lea.

Also, about the abominable MIT syntax, it has not been mandatory in gas for ages. The standard Motorola syntax is well supported with modern binutils (even old ones), I hope one day we will get rid of all that residual MIT syntax in our sources.

--
Vincent Rivière