Re: [MiNT] Block devices

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/24/11 20:02, Paul Wratt wrote:

>>> Not typically. I have seen a floppy device driver which offers a block
>>> capability, but not for hard drives.
there is no /dev/fd0 or /dev/fd1 with or without the floppyraw.xdd

There is a /dev/fd (folder) similar to linux, but it lists about 37
devices instead of the normal limit of 4

I could find no other block devices on any of my setups (including
EasyMiNT with 1.16.3)

>>> Alan.
>>>
>> which might explain why some of the info in /kern is incomplete(d)
>>

> I don't see how to the two relate at all.
>
> Alan.

/kern/dma
/kern/devices

check them on ur *nix setup (/proc) both are directly related to the
use of block devices..

Paul