Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:23:32 +0200, Michael Bernstein <mint@mbernstein.de> wrote:

Compiling the modules for 68000 does not make much sense since
"everybody" are using Falcons or better.

The use of a MiNT and XaAES environment on a 68000 based Atari is a
little bit limited. I have a 4 MB Atari, but after booting MiNT and

I did not mean to *not* compile these modules for 68000, but to not compile them only for 68000 just to make it possible to use them on ST's.

XaAES with Teradesk, there was only 1,2 MB left. So i think, if
someone really uses a 68000 based Atari, he would work with TOS and
not with a full MiNT environment. But some years ago i had set up

There are some ST/STE's with 14Mb out there, but I think that MagiC or Geneva are better options for multitasking on Atari ST's.

a ST emulator. I was able to set the RAM size to 14 MB. So i had a
system lower than Falcon which was more like a 1040 ST. But i had
enough RAM for a full MiNT environment.

If you are going to use emulators why not just use ARAnyM for running MiNT and Steem (or similar) when playing ST-games?

Jo Even