Re: [MiNT] Background

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:23:02 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:19:24 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> > > I just updated to the trunk daily build and I now have a
> > > vile, fluorescent yellow, background instead of the nice one
> > > I should have from Thing.
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >

> > I presume this is the XaAES background ! How on earth do I turn it
> > off before it makes me sick ?
>
> Peter: Don't use daily builds - only use the release!
>
> -Helmut

I thought that the devs wanted people to test the daily builds
and the last release is now quite old, December 2010 !!

I have been updating about once per month using the daily builds for
a year or two. I have now rolled-back to a buid from about 2 weeks ago.

This background feature should be disabled by default. This discussion
came up a few months ago about new features that break people's config.

Also, when enabled, it really shouldn't over-ride the background displayed
by the real desktop application like Thing or Jinnee.

Back in the 80's there were apps that displayed a desktop image, that is
the way to go, not sticking something in the AES. It could be started from
xaaes.cnf

Regards,

Peter