[MiNT] Which gcc does work with MiNT 1.17.0

Hi,

please can someone give me a little bit help for a proper build
environment under MiNT? I want to compile EmuTOS and faces several
problems with different gcc versions from different MiNT distributions.

I made three attempts with a existing MiNT environment, but always
something failed. I have made a clone of my MiNT98 system of my TT
as a Aranym environment. I replaced the MiNT kernel by the 1.17.0
because i used hostfs. This allows me to access the Atari drives
by STeem, Aranym and Windows/Linux.

1. the gcc from MiNT98 fails to start with insufficent memory. Ok, it
   was a pretty old system with a newer MiNT kernel. But are there
   any changes in the memory functions of MiNT?

2. I replaced bintools and gcc by bintools and gcc 2.95.3 with
   MiNT-Lib from my sparemint cd which i got from Frank Naumann. I was
   able to compile a "hello world" program, so i expect, the sytem was
   working. I start to compile EmuTOS. The compiled tool bug wont
   work. It looks like a memory issue. Some filename from potfiles.in
   are destroyed after some of the c files are parsed. Change the
   calloc to a malloc in the xalloc function causes a Bus Error. Is
   there a problem with memory management from MiNT-Lib under MiNT
   1.17.0 kernel?

3. I replaced bintools and gcc by bintools 2.21 and gcc 4.5.3 from
   Miro Kropacek. But after start gcc i got the error "could not
   execute cc1". But there was no cc1 part. Which MiNT lib is the
   right for this compiler? I think, this was my fault, for testing
   i decreased the amount of memory and i think, it was much to less
   for this gcc.

Which was the right gcc for a build environment under MiNT 1.17.0 with
a UNIX like environment?

Best regards
Michael