Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.6.1

Thanks a lot for this version! It apparently fixes a bug in g++ that was causing rapidxml to crash with -Os and -O3.

Cheers,
Mariusz

On 29/08/2011 15:18, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Vincent Rivière wrote:
I patched EmuTOS and FreeMiNT for that compiler, both work fine.
I'm going to put that beta in release and produce the Ubuntu binaries in the
next days.

Done.

You can now enjoy the new cross-tools with GCC 4.6.1. Cygwin and Ubuntu binaries provided.
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/

As I said previously, the 4.5 Cygwin binaries were quite slow, but the new 4.6 ones are significantly faster. That's a real pleasure. The Ubuntu binaries may also be faster, too, but as they already were very fast, I didn't notice any speed change.

GCC 4.6 has better reporting for warnings.
Example:
var.c: In function 'f':
var.c:17:6: warning: unused variable 'i' [-Wunused-variable]

Then you just have to compile with -Wno-unused-variable to get rid of that warning.

Enjoy!

--
Regards,
Mariusz