Re: [MiNT] GDB problem

W dniu 27.09.2011 18:15, Vincent Rivière pisze:
Adam Kłobukowski wrote:
I'm trying to debug program compiled with gcc 4.5.1 (probably Vincent's
build too, but I'm unsure atm)

Unfortunately there is a bug in GCC 4.x when it generates STABS debug
info (old style, used by our m68k-atari-mint tools). When loading such
executable in gdb, errors like "cannot set breakpoint 0" appears, and it
crashes after a few steps.

I do not see such errors.

That issue is very complicated. It requires deep STABS knowledge, so I
have not investigated it.

As a result gdb is almost unusable with executables built with GCC 4.x :-(

I just tried to compile with -g. Same result.

I do not need much, I just would like to see the backtrace of an app that crashes.

AdamK