Re: [MiNT] Hotkeys (Was: Re: Background)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:09:35 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

I just changed my mind: It's much better to extend the AES-API for that:

Create a new code for appl_control: APC_SYSKEY

with modes

REQUEST (is it free? if not who owns it?)
SET_IF_FREE
SET_FORCED
RELEASE

(the names may change in the implementation)

Is there a better place than appl_control?

Maybe appl_options() is better suited for this.

That would also be easier than to parse those strings in the config.

And much easier for the user, as there's no need to modify config-files.

Just sending the break-code would be enough.

Do you mean releasing the key on the keyboard or saying the client does not wnat it anymore?

Key-releases do not cause events, so XaAES can't catch them I think.

But that can be changed. Key-release events would make hotkeys more versatile.

But taskbar could poll KbShift for that.

Only for modifiers.

BTW: Does taskbar call APC_SYSTEM?

No. APC_SYSTEM is undocumented.

Jo Even