Re: [MiNT] Invalid S?_MAGIC

On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 11:26 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:

> > > I never use MP because Thing doesn't work with it switched on.
> >
> > Sure it does. I've used it with memory protection enabled for many years.
> >
> > -- PeP
>
> Maybe it is the Milan (Ming) version but it fails every single time
> here with MP on.

Ming works just fine with MP. I think PeP is right, this problem is
caused by improper use of the AV-protocol by some other application. Try
to enable MP and tell us exactly how Ming crashes.

IIRC Ming is too old to catch memory violations. Instead it will be
killed due to a Private Memory Violation when it tries to access the
AV-buffer handed to it by an application who hasn't allocated this
buffer in globabl readable memory.

Jo Even