Re: [MiNT] Fugly gradient (Was: Re: hairlines)

So for now my solution is to use MyAes. It simply looks great - and the way it handles winframes kicks ass. Maybe that could be a useful source of inspiration for XaAES?

I think MyAES is not as good as XaAES unfortunately even if I'm the author of it.

MyAES is worst for:
- Some software have trouble with mouse click
- menu_popup() not work correctly
- X11 server look not see keyboard messages! (strange and I can't compil it to add debug informations)
- Extended objects are not support
- specific fonts in object are not support
- memory management is not as good because MyAES is not a kernel module

The first 4 points should be fix for 1.00 version this my target.

MyAES is probably better for:

- True color use
- end user more funny
- Generally old softwares design for TOS work better than under XaAES
- Last version can run on any Mint version.

As I see XaAES take some good idea from MyAES and I try to be as good as XaAES!

MyAES is not open source but most french developper have acces to the source code, I never release it as open source for 2 reasons: - I have a problem with a french guy until he continue to be active in Atari domain I never release it as open source - I think AES is a very difficult API to write, modify something somewhere can have impredictable results!

If Odd never work on XaAES for sure today MyAES should be better than XaAES! Odd is a fantastic programer, I try to look in XaAES source when it was realease as opensource and I think to become crazy! I stop and start MyAES from scratch. Really this a great job that have been done on XaAES.

Olivier Landemarre