Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Hello folks,

thanks for your answers. And sorry for more dumb questions ...

I just checked, the socket /tmp/.printer is created when lpd is started.

As I can read i.e. from lpr.c:
        if (!startdaemon(printer))
            printf("jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.\n");
        exit(0);

the problem is located some where in startdaemon.c.

I roughly understand that it checks for the socket, tries to connect and to write to it. So I assume that something gets wrong here.

I'm not sure where the error logging goes to, but it would really help to see the error messages. I don't see according messages in /var/log/messages, so where does it go to and how can I access it?

Kind regards,
Heinz