Re: [MiNT] Update Sparemint system with Gentoo - how?

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/26/11 11:10, WongCK wrote:
>>>>
>>> there is a thread from March I think which has some preliminary docs -
>>> and i think there was mention of emerge usage too - from memory the
>>> initial install needs about 2Gb - the full install needs about 20G
>>> (with 50% space) - but check for thread - the prelim doc has those
>>> details
>>>

>> Thanks for the install guide doc.
>> Seems quite easy to install. I will see if I can do it by next year... LOL
>> Serious... it needs 2 GB !! wow.... my current ext2 fs is only 2 GB.
>> I do not like to have it too large as any fsck needed will take some time.
>>
> No. It doesn't take 2GB at all.
>
> I just untarred the sample distro and it's only 500MB.
>
> Alan.

2G for full repo install - you did confirm it when I posted orignal
pre-lim doc + repo is 1.2Gb (if you have it local)

Anyone else who installs GentooMiNT - please add observations to
pre-lim doc - then we can get a proper doc out and get the "sample
distro" updated - ie some people say they cant find init.. - so doc
needs some other info (maybe Atari specific?)

Paul