Re: [MiNT] Samba

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:39:58 , Bernd Mueller <ragnar76@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 20.02.2012 19:59, schrieb Peter Slegg:
> > So is it the kernel that is failing to stop them or something else ?
> imho it is sambas fault
>
> bye
> Bernd

I use the smb script to stop the process:

SNIP
stop() {
        KIND="SMB"
   echo -n $"Shutting down $KIND services: "
   killproc smbd
   RETVAL=$?
   echo
   KIND="NMB"
   echo -n $"Shutting down $KIND services: "
   killproc nmbd
   RETVAL2=$?
   [ $RETVAL -eq 0 -a $RETVAL2 -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/smb
   echo ""
   return $RETVAL
}
SNIP

What puzzles me is that Samba used to be a bit slow but it never
used to spawn lots of processes and gobble up all the cpu.

I have deleted the contents of /var/cache/samba so that it clears
all the connection data but the problem returns.

Regards,

Peter