Re: [MiNT] Shutting down XaAES cleanly

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 19:26 +0000, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Btw Control+Alt+J causes a warm reset on my FireBee. I don't know why.
>
> That is not as intended -  must be a bug. But you would need this for a res-change.
>
> Does Ctrl-Alt-Q work? If you start it from mint.cnf it should be re-launched by xaloader.

Quitting XaAES in any way causes a warm reset. But only on the Firebee.

> > An even better way would perhaps be to support AP_RESCH (?).
>
> I guess that would need longer to implement.

That depends. It can be done quite cheaply I think. You pass the new
videomode to the AES with this call. XaAES could threat a reschange
exactly like a shutdown, until the shutdown has finished. Then it must
store the new videomode somewhere and restart. Then use the stored
videmode instead of the "video"-setting in xaaes.cnf.

It would not be a "proper" reschange, but for the applications it
doesn't matter and the effect would be exactly the same.

Jo Even