Re: [MiNT] AES-calls without appl_init

J. F. Lemaire wrote:

> On 24 February 2012 00:28, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote=
> :
>
> > BTW: I just tested porthos and it crashes everything (also using MiNT 1.1=
> 6).
>
> I'm no system coder by any means, but wouldn't it be a good idea to

Me neither ;-)

> use such dirty applications to try to make MiNT+XaAES more stable? Use

Sure - that's why I tried to get marathon to work (should do now btw).
At first I ran it from ext2, and had to rename/copy some files to get it
starting. I must have done something wrong, which caused it to produce
the memory-violation. But I tried to stabilize the system to keep it up.
Really strange things happened, apparently code has been overwritten.

If there is something like:

x=0;
if(x)
	print "x="x;

you would get x=0 in the logfile. Also with memory-protection.

Don't know how an app can do that, maybe it comes from MiNT or XaAES.

> them as test cases? I mean, the system shouldn't crash. It should at a
> minimum kill the app and display a sensible error message to the user.
> If it's later possible to add application-specific fixes to the system
> to make the app work, great, but the priority should be stability.

You just described my dream ;-)

Porthos crashes MiNT 1.18, 1.16, MyAES, MiNT/EmuTOS, EmuTOS alone on aranym.

-Helmut