[MiNT] Fwd: Re: marathon,was:Egale

Forwarded, because my mail got blocked (maybe just because of reply-to?) :/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [MiNT] marathon,was:Egale
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:54:20 +0100 (CET)
From: m0n0 <ole@medus-ol.de>
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>

 Helmut Karlowski  hat am 14. Februar 2012 um 22:14 geschrieben:

 > Do you mean the freeze after start? This is because it loads an SLB
that
 > calls appl_init.

I'm compiling Marathon Mail for my Firebee with AHCC. There is only one
way to start it under freemint: have dracdlg.slb within the MiNT folder.
All other options fail with system freeze. I removed the customer SLB
loader from the sources - so it always uses the one provided by the OS.
Maybe that has an impact - but I doubt that - the custom loader code
shouldn't be called anyway. (But who knows...). Pepster can report the
same issues for his own software. He confirmed that you have to put SLB
into MiNT folder - other wise system crash.

 > With a quite dirty hack it runs, but still makes the the system
unstable
 > and is killed with memory-violation very soon.

unfortunally there is no memory protection with FreeMiNT for coldfire
:/. But running Marathon Mail is almost stable. It's only get's risky
when running Draconis FTP, Draconis Telnet, Draconis Mail, .... quit
some of them, restart some of them, etc. I blamed the SLB loading /
unloading for that. But that was just a guess. And problems on coldfire
can not be used as hint for bugs on m68k - because AHCC is still a beta.

 > Does it run anywhere? Under EmuTOS it crashes as soon as the
 > options-dialog is opened, under MyAES all dialogs are empty, and it
also
 > crashes.

I can confirm - Draconis FTP crashes very soon after showing parts of
the GUI. To me it looked like there is something within Xaees which
isn't implemented within MyAES.

DrTelnet works flawlessly. Except some semaphore debug messages within
MyAES ;) But it doesn't use dracdlg in any way.

Marathon Mail under MyAES is buggy as hell, anyway, showing a list of
email and reading them works OK. ( dialogs seem to be the problem ).

Maybe it's worth to try how Draconis suite behaves when statically
linked with dracdlg.c ...

Greets,

 Greets,
 m0n0