Re: [MiNT] Shutting down XaAES cleanly

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Stefan Niestegge <beetle@abbuc.de> wrote:
> Am 23.02.2012 15:03, schrieb Helmut Karlowski:
>
>> m0n0 wrote:

>>>  Using NVDI also reboots the firebee when restarting XaAES. All screen
>>>  drivers are disabled within
>>>  NVDI. That's mandatory to run NVDI on the firebee, at least it's said
>>>  to be that way - renaming them from .SYX to .SYS
>>>  doesn't make a change, and restarting XaAES still doesn't work :)
>>
>> Is there a firebee-specific fVDI or does it use the standard-version?
>>
>> -Helmut
>>

> Its integrated into FireTOS and very much like on the Falcon with
> ct60/Radeon.
> So it is Firebee specific, i'd say. Only Didier Mequignon can say how much
> it is modified.
>
> Stefan

I seem to remember seeing the odd post here and there over the 2 years
which confirms it is a custom fvdi version

I know that up to a certain point sources were available, but that was
12+ months ago now, and there were at least a couple of serious fvdi
fixes done after "no sources"

There should be more specifics available re: fvdi on dhs CT6X bbs board

Johan has already approved moving CVS to freemint server, but his own
CVS has only recently come back online. I think to for him it may be a
time issue

a combined effort to get fVDI into onto server needs to be done. This
would allow Didier to post/commit FireBee version as well.

The result of this, plus some pacthes/fixes might be enough to allow
res change under ARAnyM as well, and allow others to add any further
missing/needed functionality to fVDI

Paul