Re: [MiNT] AES-calls without appl_init

Am 23.02.2012, 22:23 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 20:42 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

Ok - I'll remove the hack that called appl_init afterwards for now - see
if it breaks things.

It will. I'm sure that this workaround wasn't added for fun. Please be
careful with this - XaAES should be able to run *more* older apps, not
fewer.

Reason is that e.g. the draconis-slb also calls appl_exit which would make
XaAES do appl_init etc. I don't think this is really clean generally.

I'm sure that there's a bigger problem with apps that calls the AES
before appl_init() than SLB's that calls appl_init() in slb_init().

I'd like to know which apps are affected by this. It's easy to re-enable it later with respect to slb.

So let's wait for complaints ;-)

--
Helmut Karlowski