Re: [MiNT] Building ColdFire versions of libraries

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Ole <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

>> I'd like to be able to compile ColdFire binaries on my Falcon with GCC
>> (I have version 4.5.2). For this, I understand I need ColdFire
>> libraries. But how should build them? I'm not very good with that kind
>> of stuff.
>

> Hello,
>
> for compiling coldfire libraries, simply pass the correct machine flag to
> the compiler.
> There are several possibilities, but I always do it this way:
>
> -mcpu=5475
>
> But for compiling coldfire executable, you must also take take of the link
> stage,
> just pass the correct machine flag to the compiler invoke AND the linker
> invoke:
>
> gcc -mcpu=5475
> ld -mcpu=5475
>
> or, when using Makefiles:
>
> LDFLAGS="-mcpu=5475"
> CFLAGS="-mcpu=5475"
>
> Greets,
> Ole

you can also use Vincents cygwin/ubuntu cross-tools build scripts as a
source of info, as I have to create m68020-60 builds of ALL packages
available from:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/

eg. how to build multiple libraries with different settings, manual move
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/ncurses-5.9-bin-cygwin-howto.txt
note: according to the last 3 lines only the m68000 build is packaged,
but you get the idea.
"m5475/lib/*" goes (on SpareMiNT) in "/usr/lib/m5475/*"
"m68020-60/lib/*" goes (on SpareMiNT) in "/usr/lib/m68020-60/*"
"m68000/lib/*" goes (on SpareMiNT) in "/usr/lib/*"

eg. how to build multiple libraries with different settings, and where
to install them
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/debian/dists/oneiric/contrib/source/cflib-m68k-atari-mint_0.21.0-CVS-20120227-1.tar.gz
look in "debian/rules", and in "Makefile" in the enclosed source
archive (normal, normal020, normalv4e)

Paul