Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't deliver button events with evnt_multi()

Hi,

On keskiviikko 05 syyskuu 2012, Ole wrote:
>  Am Mittwoch, den 05.09.2012, 12:18 +0200 schrieb Eero Tamminen
> > Unlike with normal TOS, evnt_multi() doesn't return any button
> > events (in Aranym AFROS default setup), just key events.
>
>  That's odd. If that would be an generic problem, many applications
>  wouldn't work...

evnt_multi() working for applications doesn't really mean that
evnt_multi() wouldn't have bugs.

Normal applications typically either don't utilize timer in evnt_multi(),
or have a largish value.   However, games often have timer values and
typically their values are small.

For example there are many (older) GEM games that have problems with
EmuTOS event handling.  See:
http://emutos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/emutos/emutos/doc/bugs.txt?revision=1.26&view=markup

Has XaAES copied EmuTOS event handling code?

>  So I would try to create an window, show it on the whole screen and try
>  to receive global mouse button events then.

I'll try that.  What is the correct way to determine when one
is running under multitasking AES?

(I don't want draw extra elements on screen on AES versions
that don't need them.)

	- Eero