Re: [MiNT] MyMan

Hi,

On keskiviikko 12 syyskuu 2012, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 15:07, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > PS. For Linux terminal which supports colors & scrolling, there's even
> > pretty good text-only Pacman in case you feel really ambitious about
>
> > console emulation:
> MyMan compiles fine for MiNT :-)
> http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/myman/
>
> It works perfectly in TosWin2, provided that the window is big enough.
>
> When the window is smaller, the game scrolls. It works almost fine, but
> there are a few bugs.
>
> The display looks quite buggy with Conholio.

Wow, you provided Peter a good a challenge. ;-)

> NB: The myman-0.7.0 executable in the binary archive is stand-alone, you
> can test it without extracting the other files.

Btw. If you're into text-only stuff with colors, there are also
- "slsc" spreadsheet,
- "slrn" news reader,
- "mutt" mail reader,
- "mmail" BBS mail reader,
- "lynx" and "w3m" WWW-browsers,
- "midnight commander" file browser,
- "minicom" serial terminal,
- "funktracker" mod tracker,
- different text mode CD-players,
- "ccal" calender,
- "xaos" fractal zoomer,

and if somebody ports libaa or (newer) libcaca, even doom & quake & video
players:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAlib
	http://caca.zoy.org/wiki/libcaca

(I've tried all of them in the 90's. :-))

Some of them may be Linux specific though (funktracker and CD-players
most likely are such).  "mutt" and text www-browsers are probably most
worthwhile.

I guess some of them are already in the sparemint archives?

	- Eero