Re: [MiNT] Conholio & VT52?

Hi Eero,

2012/9/7 Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi>:
> Its docs say that it doesn't work with EmuTOS VDI,
> but at least for me it would seem to work, when using
> EmuTOS v0.8.7 which has lots of VDI fixes.

Lovely :) I didn't know that. It did tons of weird things before, but
the EmuTOS VDI has improved a lot lately, hats of for all that. I had
to implement workarounds for fVDI as well (fVDI, contrary to all
documentation, expects coordinates in a specific order..). I'm happy
it works on EmuTOS now.

> A bit annoyingly, its VT52 emulation really doesn't
> work, e.g. output of (older versions of) "larn" and "hack"
> is completely messed.

Not surprised. I never tested it at all :) I had no use for it myself.

> A terminal emulator for the W window system which I
> maintained, has (extended) VT52 emulation, with mouse
> and color support.  Would its code help?

It's probably really easy to fix, the terminal emulator parser is just
a bunch of tables, and VT52 isn't exactly rocket science. VT100 is a
mess to implement, because in practice, no one has implemented it
correctly.

> It's here:
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/src/wws_1.4.5.tar.gz

Thx.

I'm hoping to resume working on Conholio again, as soon as the
SuperVidel is released. I have lots of nice ideas (and some new code)
for it.

-- PeP