Re: [MiNT] AHCC V4.12

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After selecting a project file, I've seen:
>
> * With AHCCST.PRG, a crash when trying to build something.
>
> * With AHCC.PRG, it not finding the selected project file
>   and complaining about a garbage file name ("project: unknown
>
> I wasn't able to reproduce these, but I guess the new version may
> have some memory corruption issue related to file selection... :-/
>

> First time AHCC opens file selector on non-existing drive (based on what's
> in default .cfg file I guess), after which TOS switches to an existing
> drive.  This causes TOS file selector to lose the extension.
>
> This is a really trivial issue, but maybe if the drive doesn't exist,
> AHCC could just ask for PRJ files in boot drive root.
>
> Alternatively, when building AHCC, you might package versions of
> the config files that point to hello.prj files on C:\ root.  :-)

I just used both 4.11 and 4.12 to open project where project file can
not be found. In both cases the file selector defaulted to the drive
AHCC was run from (F: in my case). My setup does not have the D: drive
either (just C, E, F atm).

It may be possible that this is TOS specific, or more likely,
"machine" specific. My setup is 4Mb STE with TOS 1.62 (STEem)

I did however see some "garbage" in the info window on 4.12 first time
it was run, which did not disappear until a loaded PRJ was "Make All".
I am using AHCC in mono if that makes any difference. Exactly the same
process with 4.11 was "clean".

Paul